Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Raking Leaves

Today was a glorious sunshine filled fall day. My parents and I headed out to work on the lawn in the afternoon. I just loved raking the leaves! I know this may become tiresome for those who have to do it a lot, but today I was in a happy place. My mom and I raked both the back and front yards. Then I carried our loot to our compost at the back. My dad was on compost duty. Did you know that adding water and ashes to leaves helps them ferment? There's a little fall fact for you :) Raking is also an excellent core workout. No need for pilates when one has a rake in hand!

You can also see a picture of my first classroom – our backyard shed. My dad made me a classroom inside with a chalkboard and a row of desks. The fact that I wouldn't let any other kids play the “teacher” must have been a sign :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you working in the fields wife. So this is what your parent's grass looks like. Hmm.

Macchiatto said...

Aww, fun!! :)
And lol at your husband. ;)

Rachel said...

love these updates, girl!

I used to always be the "teacher," too. Every single time! Your little classroom must have been so fun. :)