Birthdays continue to fill me with the childlike birthday joy! I wake up excited, and this year was just the same. I awoke and bounded out of bed to the mountaintop! My (almost) daily morning hike had a whole new kick to it. The trail was packed and I even found myself telling a few dogs it was my birthday :) I came home to my dear Daniel and how I loved being greeted by my husband on my second birthday as Mrs. Bastke. Daniel had me sit down and then he showed me this video. Check it out if you'd like :)
Daniel and Angus put it together. They surely did bless my birthday heart! It added an "All Shook Up" to my day! I loved Angus' quote of, "I've never spent so much time doing something like this for someone's wife!"
March 5th was a work day, and so we skipped to the office together. I'm not sure if we literally skipped, but I sure was skipping in my heart. It was also a recording day for me and the LTE team as we filmed June skits and our group teaching segments in the studio.
At night we had an Improv Night! This was the second such night we have hosted on the roof. We have so many talented friends, and it was just fun to laugh and enjoy together!
Phil's vending machine, Howie describing "baseball" . . . er the "bathroom", the mad cow belly warmer . . . you never know what will happen next!I received a birthday card that said, “May your day be filled with your favourite things!” and it indeed was!
These are a few of my favourite birthday things:
*hiking in the morning
*a smoothie breakfast
*vegetarian dumplings for lunch
*teaching!
*talking to my parents on the phone
*lovely e-mails and heart hugs (even spleen squeezes and cardiac caresses :)) in facebook messages
*sunshine
*friends on the rooftop
*serving snacks
*acting
*new shoes!
*wearing a party dress just because
*surprises on my desk at work
*raindrops at night (I love the sound of the rain on our roof – so soothing)
*our cats
*opening cards
*strawberries
*hummingbird cake
*reading Psalm 34
6 comments:
YAY! Sounds like you had an amazing birthday! :) We love you and miss you so much! :)
What a fabulous birthday!! :)
Ooh and I loved the video!
There will be MORE to rejoice this year!
Wow, what a fantastic video! A super fun keepsake! Happy birthday, dear girl.
Hey Andrea! I discovered your blog via Naomi's. LOVED the video - it was nice to see how it ended up turning out. :)
Post a Comment