I’m thankful that after six years in Taiwan, and eight years in Asia now, I still find freshness in the culture that surrounds me. Just this morning while walking home through the park after my morning swim, it hit me again. I have seen countless groups of seniors doing their morning exercises in the park. Yet this morning a group of dear hearts was doing a different kind of exercise. They were exercising their faces! With much force and determination they were working on their temples, ears, noses, and beating their cheeks ferociously! I had to turn my giggles into cheers for them. While doing my lesson preparations for Let’s Talk in English today, I learned that the human face has 60 muscles! (You can learn so much from LTE :)) No wonder they were working so hard on their beautiful faces!
Daniel and I often meet the same tranquil couple while walking to the office in the morning as they walk away from the park. They seem so at peace and calm when they walk hand in hand in their matching outfits. We always smile at them with warm smiles when we see them. Today was the first morning I spotted them in action in the park. The man was in charge of a dancing seniors group getting ready for their morning dance. The cassette player was already blasting the music as he was getting everyone in their spots. He took on a very determined drill sergeant like role with his group. His wife was sitting on a bench just beaming at her man. I grin at the difference in perspective and at the fact that taking a different morning path had given me new discoveries.
No comments:
Post a Comment