Put your thumbs up to make rabbit ears and then bow and say the traditional "Gongxi Gongxi." I spent my first year in Asia in Guangdong Province, Mainland China. I arrived during the last year of the tiger and celebrated the beginning of the year of the rabbit during my first Chinese New Year in China. Since I'm a rabbit, it's an especially special year for me. I remember my foreign affairs officer, Fei Jian telling me that as the year turned to lettuce and carrots in 1999. It was an amazing and life journey changing year for me. Now I still find myself in Asia as we hop with the year of the rabbit again. Hard to believe what an impact Asia has had on my life the past 12 years, and living here for the past 10. May the year of the rabbit bring multiplied blessings and discoveries - lot of veggies and gardens growth in our life! We are also so looking forward to meeting our little Mr. Rabbit in March. He sure is hopping around in my womb and I'm loving every kick, hop, hiccup and movement of our little one! |
4 comments:
Love this post! :) And aw, I remember Fei Jian. Love that you've spent the last two Years of the Rabbit in Asia. Say hi to your little baby bunny for me!
Wow, you have been there for that long?? Time flies! Can't wait to hear about the arrival of Mr. Bunny!
Not only is it a rabbit, but two thumbs up as you wait to meet him. Very cute!
You are too cute. And what a good memory! I don't remember at all which animal years it was when I was in China. I do remember Fei Jian though. Phew. My sister still quotes him -- apparently one time he said "I feel good. I feel nice." (I've forgotten the exact context though...)
Post a Comment