Monday, March 14, 2011

Peace For Strength

The Lord has really been blessing Daniel and I with words of love, peace, strength, and encouragement these past few weeks especially. At an ultrasound I had last week, my mama heart even received encouragement from our little boy directly. Last Thursday I went to the hospital for our little guy's biweekly NST and an ultrasound to check on him within the womb.

The doctor was taking careful measurements of his amniotic fluid, the blood flow in his umbilical cord, his heart rate, etc. I even had a test where I held my breath for as long as I could to see how baby boy responded. He did so well!
We couldn't see his sweet little face, but we did see his hand very clearly. The doctor remarked that he was holding up two fingers. I looked at the screen, and he was giving me the "peace" sign. Those two fingers gave his mama the encouragement of peace :) (That or if his "Asian" side is coming through, he was getting ready for his picture to be taken.) Then the doctor said, he now has four fingers up and then he showed us a strong fist. The fist was a picture of strength.

2, 4, Fist = Peace For Strength. I took this as a sweet mama hug from our little guy, and pray that he feels the same thing in his heart. I've heard that parents say they learn more from their kids than they can ever teach them, well, my little boy is full of so many lessons for me already.
The doctor was able to capture a picture kind of between the two and four fingers :) How much I love these little fingers already!
I shared this little scene with Daniel with such joy. I also told my friend Naomi - she had a different interpretation. She thinks he was telling me four more days until we meet him face to face. In that case, labour still lies ahead for us today :)

Thought this was a different angle for an ultrasound picture. This was taken about a month ago. Looks like our little guy is in mid yawn. :)
We are so thankful for you, Baby Boy! Praying God’s peace that passes all understanding to reign in all our hearts. His strength will see us through to seeing each other.

4 comments:

Carla said...

I can't wait to read the blog post announcing Mister's arrival. What a joy that he gave you some encouragement from inside the womb! I'll be praying for you in these days to come. (I kind of wish I could be your nurse and watch over you!)

Macchiatto said...

I love, love, love this post. :)

Wilson Clan said...

Big hugs to you all! I absolutely love how Triple B is talking to you! I look forward to hearing about your journey--as always. :)

Anonymous said...

What an answer to prayer. You continue to be in my prayers as you await the arrival of your little mister.