Friday, May 6, 2011

A Morning Hike

My hiking legs are so happy to be hiking again! I’ve been getting out on my old and favourite hiking trail, and it’s like getting to know an old friend again. This morning was surely filled with many special moments in God’s creation and the surroundings and journey of this trail. 

Let me share a few glimpses or sparkles of this morning’s hike :)
  • I’m thankful for the man who was basically on my heels for a while! He gave me the motivation to keep going at a good speed; I was determined not to let him pass me!
  • The most beautiful butterfly fluttered ahead of me on the path. It was quite big and black with two grand dramatic electric blue dots on either wing. Butterflies always speak volumes to my heart.
  • The many smiles and good morning of fellow hikers were encouraging. There is power in a smile. That was a good reminder for me this morning too.
  • A sweet old Taiwanese grandma greeting me with such joy. I could smell here fragrant perfume meters before we crossed paths and for moments after. It was a sweet grandma kind of scent, and just warmed my heart. 
  • The trail ends by going through a little village. I normally hear a lot of karaoke and old Chinese songs playing, and that was true for this morning. But when I turned a corner, I heard country music blasting! I looked through the trees to see a group of ladies line dancing! This was a first and such a down home country tickle!
  • While walking back to the rooftop along the road, I wowed at the beauty of blooming hibiscus flowers all along the sidewalk. 
  • Coming back home to these two adorable faces :)

1 comment:

Macchiatto said...

Aww, sweet pic! :)
Love that you're able to hike again!