As a child, I always put my boots out on the evening of December 5th, in anticipation for St. Nickolaus Day on December 6th. It's a German tradition that my parents continued with us in Canada. St. Nickolaus would put little gifts, fruit, nuts and chocolate in my shoes. My mom, I mean . . . St. Nickolaus always gave us a sweet surprise. I like the tradition as it adds more of a build up to Christmas, and the true meaning of the season isn't lost with this. St. Nickolaus has been visiting my neighbours in Taiwan for many years, and this year he visited our home too. Daniel and Jeremiah put their boots and shoes out, and found a fun surprise. :) OK . . . I put their boots and shoes out . . . and we were a little late with this this year . . . but St. Nickolaus still found us!
No comments:
Post a Comment