Thursday, April 26, 2012

Back to Ontario!


J.Kai and I are in Canada for a short visit with my family! Jeremiah turned 13 months on the day we left Taipei, and is at the age where he was already kind of fascinated by the big bird we got to fly on. It sure was hard to say goodbye to Daniel at the airport, but are thankful for his love and blessings for this trip. We had a direct flight from Taipei to Toronto - 15 hours in the air! The plane was packed, but thankfully, by God`s grace, we had an empty seat beside us - the only empty seat on the plane! J was still getting over a fever and major teething pain, so he was content to snuggle with mama a lot. I got used to having 25 pounds of loving hugging me most of the flight. It did my mama`s heart good to just hold my boy! We had a bassinet, but J was a bit too big for it, but good to have the option. In the later hours of the flight I ended up making him a little bed by my feet and he slept like a .. . . well, a baby! He also sat like a big boy in the seat beside me for a while.

We stayed with my brother and family for a few days after our arrival. Jeremiah loved having his big boy cousins around. Here is he is with Uncle Thomas! J.Kai has more hair than my brother now. Ha ha ha :)

J.Kai had his first taste of Oma`s famous apple cake! One bite lead to many bites of this goodness from home! The weather was so nice our first few days - cooler, but lots of sunshine!

We had fun soaking up the sun and getting over jet lag in the big trampoline! J was fascinated by this structure! We bounced a little and it was a great place to play with balls a they always rolled back to our little guy. I`ve got to say that I also had a hoot being on the trampoline!


J was also fascinated by his big cousins and their friends jumping on the trampoline. When they were in there, he was by the sliding door watching!

My sister-in-law, Tammy, made me the best omelet. My nephews made fun of me for taking pictures of food, but I had to capture this. And it was soooooo good!

Jonah loved hanging out with J.Kai. They are good buds!

Jeremiah wasn`t sure about all the layers . . . but we were going for a walk!

Out for a walk and taking deep breaths of the air - it`s incredible here! Taking in all the joy of family time - so thankful.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

I'm so glad you're getting (taking) this chance to be with family. What a blessing! For them and for you, I'm sure. Thanks for sharing glimpses with the rest of us.