Saturday, December 22, 2012

done . . . done . . . Andrea is done teaching on Let's Talk in English.

This week I wrapped up my teaching recording on Let’ s Talk in English. I had my last full day of teaching in the studio on Monday by filming the end of our March 2013 episodes. It was a tiring day and a joyful day. Being eight months pregnant, I’m thankful to be done! 

I’ve been teaching on the show for 10 years.  I've taught thousands of episodes by this point as our show is on six days a week. I taught my first five years while we partnered with Taiwan Public Television and filmed at their studios with their production team and crew in another district in town. The past five years our company has been producing the show on its own and we’ve been filming in our own studio with our own production team and crew. I’ve had five different teaching partners and taught on my own for half a year.  I’ve taught through many different life changes – from being single to engaged to married (even teaching with Daniel!), during my pregnancies, and taught as a mom with a little man even wandering on the set from time to time. I’ve had family and friends from home come to the studios to watch recordings. My parents were even on one of our episodes! I’ve been able to welcome students to the set and meet them while out and about. I’ve learned a tremendous amount, laughed, cried, and carried on through frustrations, sadness and absolute delight. It’s been beyond my wildest dreams to have such an opportunity! I love teaching and have been able to teach in the world of edutainment! As a child I always wanted to be a teacher and a movie star . . . tee hee :) God found a way to bring both of my dreams together in His own unique way. 

Through it all our goal has been to broadcast God’s praises through teaching English! And that will continue.

I got a little teary while ending the show with, “Friends, it has been a joy! Be sure to come back again tomorrow. There is always more to learn here on Let’s Talk in English!”

When I came home from work on Monday, I found these sweet signs on our front door and my two favourite men warmly welcoming me home.  Daniel said he had put Jeremiah’s sign on the fridge, but he promptly took it off the fridge and pointed to the door and Daddy had to put it up there, too. 

No comments: