Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Monday

Happy Easter! New Life! Let us live daily in the power of the resurrection. Hope you had a wonderful weekend to savour the journey of the cross. A friend once told me that she believes waking up every morning is experiencing resurrection. I like that.

It was a big weekend in Taiwan as we had our national election. The new president is Mayor Ma. Well, I know him as "Mayor Ma". When I first came to this island, he was mayor of Taipei. I have actually met him two times. Once at the dragon boat festival. Once while running a race. I like to think that I ran past him, but I think it was a loop of the race that we passed each other on and he was well ahead of me. The colour blue now has a new meaning here. We are all thankful that the elections seemed to have happened very peacefully.

Our friend Ben is still visiting the island. We went on a trip to the northeast coast this weekend to the Yeliou Geo park. It's become the "Niagara" for our visitors to Taipei. Just like when visitors came to visit my family in Canada we always went to Niagara Falls. My parents have visited the falls close to 50 times! Though each time its wonder is displayed. It's also always fascinating to see the moon like rock shapes of Yeliou. Last time Daniel and I were there was the day we took our wedding photos. I'll have to get some pics of our trip from Daniel. For now I'll share a pic of our last visit :)

Purple Peppers

  • A message from all the Brodersen's singing "Happy Easter to You" on our answering machine. Thank you family :)
  • The joy of scootering the mountains on a 150 CC scooter! Thanks again, Sawatzky's! BroMo, don't worry. I'm still faithful to you. Never thought I'd be typing to my scooter on my blog :)
  • Mei Mei's Breakfast place has the best veggie dan bing. Dan bings have been dubbed as the Chinese Breakfast Burrito. Goodness!
  • We had a shower for the next ORTV bride-to-be tonight. Lisa was showered with a "Heavenly Maldives" theme.
  • At lunch time today I scootered to Tienmu to by chickpeas to make hummus, went home to make the hummus and eat lunch. And made it back the office in time! Talk about a whirlwind hour!


4 comments:

S said...

You are so creative, Andrea!~ I love the new blog! Keep your pleasant posts coming; they brightened my day!

Macchiatto said...

This was another very fun post. :) Mmmm I luuurve homemade humus! Good stuff! I so need to come visit you. Will you take me to Yeliou? ;)

Love you, Sparkle Sis! Keep sharing those purple peppers!!

Campbell and Linda Chang said...

Drea,

Love the blog. =) Keep sharing. You're falling behind. =)

BTW, being the editor I am. =) I think you mean, "dan bings" not "bian dangs." ;)

- C

Anonymous said...

Only a matter of time before PTS gives you suggestions too.