Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Kit Kat Chunky

One of my favourite American candy bars is Kit Kat Chunky, and I found it at the Bangkok airport! We had them in Taiwan once for a few weeks at Family Mart, but then they were gone. That was probably also a blessing :) Well, it was a little treasure in the midst of our delays at the airport. I got one the morning we actually left Bangkok.

When I indulge in a treat like this, I always try to find the perfect setting where I can truly enjoy each morsel. Eating a candy bar under a Weeping Willow tree is truly an ideal setting. However, I was not at the park in my hometown of New Hamburg, so I sought another indulgence spot. Daniel and I were settled into our seats on the plane waiting for take off, when I found the moment. I pulled out the candy bars and handed one to Daniel and I started to open my own. I could hear Daniel's crunch beside me as he took a bit of the chunky. Then I took a bite, but I couldn't really bite down. It was hard. And my teeth have been crowned so I have to be careful :) I tried again and finally got through what was simply a solid block of milk chocolate. No Kit Kat wafer crispy inside. It was not a Kit Kat Chunky, it was a chunk of solid chocolate. Now it was still a treat, and the chocolate did have Kit Kat flavour, but not the crunchy chunky. I felt like I was eating a solid chocolate Easter bunny's ears as I did as a child.

I've never had a defective chocolate bar. I looked at the Kit Kat writing in Thai on the wrapper -what a fascinating written language - and smiled. Then took another bite of my chunky with no crunchy :)

3 comments:

Linda said...

Save the teeth! Haha... I should have let Cam buy his cookies, eh?

Macchiatto said...

aww :(

Miko said...

Wow!Just found out we have one more thing in common: I love Kit Kat too!'