Daniel and I discovered a new refreshing drink at our favourite tea stand – The Healthy Zone. Usually we opt for the true to it's name healthy zone of fruit smoothies and yogurt smoothies. One of our favourite yogurt smoothies is the one for beautiful skin. I also enjoy their grapefruit green tea as it is made with real grapefruit pulp and makes for such refreshment in a cup.
I once noticed the workers (all dear hearts) opening a bottle of Coca Cola (like the good old fashion bottle) for another customer. They added it to another juice of some sort, but I wasn't really interested in a soda pop drink of sorts. Daniel does enjoy a Coke from time to time, so we asked about their special coke drink during our visit to the tea stand on Friday. Turns out it is a plum and cola mix. They add real dry plums and plum juice to the brown bubbly. The drink is served with lots of ice in the traditional 700 CC tea cups with the plastic seal on top. They are always fun to pop with the straw.
Daniel really enjoyed it and I took a sip and loved the plumy tang with a traditional flavour and really liked it too. After our rooftop cleaning spree on Saturday Daniel went our to get us each one. We enjoyed each sip zonked out on our couch, watching a DVD for the Beijing Olympic opening ceremonies, and beaming at our very clean rooftop abode.


2 comments:
You and Mr. Bastke are so fun. It's such a Coke Cola moment.
Love the blog redesign! Daniel's work? :)
Never would have thought of plum with Coke. I'll have to try that sometime!
Post a Comment