Sunday, September 14, 2008

Turtle Typhoon

The Typhoon is still pounding our little island. The rain and wind began Friday night, continued right through Saturday and the rain is still pouring this Sunday evening. The typhoon is being called the turtle typhoon as it is moving very slowly. We should have gotten that from the five days it spent over the ocean before visiting us.

Needless to say it has been a most relaxing weekend for Daniel and I in our little rooftop. We have a roof made of steel siding on most of our apartment. We get the rain in stereo sound! It reminds me of rainstorms at home while camping with my family in our good old camper. It's hard to describe what a typhoon is like unless you've experienced one. But I like how Daniel described it, he said it's like being in a car wash. I think that is the perfect description. Our little rooftop apartment has been in this car wash all weekend.

Daniel loves the rain, so he's been out every day with his swimming trunks on our porch. I joined him this evening. I could even work on a few aqua fit moves as we have a mini pool on our porch. The water isn't draining that quickly . . . We also had fun waving at our neigbours who seemed to want to mimic our moves through their windows.


Typhoon tidbits:
- Skyping with Daniel's Mom and Uncle Ed! With the rain pouring we had family with us :) Fun chats with friends too! Lots of computer time this weekend.
- Cats get very cuddly during typhoons
- Jumping in puddles is fun at any age!

- I got very domestic as the rain poured. I made a casserole, soups, desserts, guacamole, and some chocolate chip cookies. I've still got more batter in the fridge!
- We so enjoy Andy Stanley's online sermon's fro
m North Point Church in Atlanta.
- Watching the river rise and fall has been a weekend pastime. And there sure is an interesting amount of debris floating about.
I like what our friend Gabe wrote in response to a staff e-mail about the typhoon with a satellite picture:
"Pick on someone your own size!"
--Taiwan

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Ah! Love this entry...the pictures, the fun descriptions of your weekend...and all that baking and cooking! You go, girl!

Linda said...

You were singing in the rain! :) The pictures with you in the rain actually look movie-like. Glad Daniel is contributing on Purple Peppers.

Macchiatto said...

Aww I love this entry, too! Sister, you are SO much fun! And I do love Gaber's comment and Daniel's typhoon description. :) Apt indeed! I want to come hang out with you and listen to the rain on the roof and eat your food and check out your aqua fit moves!