Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Say Cheese!

Today I got to be a judge at the 2008 US Cheese Bakery Competition sponsored by the US Dairy Export Counsel. It was a cheesy affair! A team from work and I were part of the “consumer” sector of judges. It was our task to judge in three different categories – Taiwanese style cheese breads, European style cheese breads and cheesecake. For me, the European style cheese breads took the cake!

We mixed an mingled for a while waiting for the professional judges to finish, and then we consumer judges got to attack the table. Actually, it was a slow process and I left the judging area stuffed! I surely did enjoy a cup of Earl Grey tea as the speeches and ceremonies continued.

After working at the Krust and Krumb Bakery in New Hamburg for seven years, I did appreciate seeing so many bakeries represented. And the creativity in their work.

“I'm a little bread teapot short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout.”

A girl just feels special with a flower in her hair :) A little random thought for this post and an added sparkle to my day!

Don't think I'll be eating cheese bread or cheesecake for a while . . . but it was indeed a gouda experience :) Can't get much cheddar than that!

3 comments:

Smile said...

MMMMMMMMMM....Andrea, the content on those tables looks so delicious. Good exercise for your taste buds. Wonder what I would have chosen!
Thank you for sharing these events in your life. They keep you close. Love and Hugs!

Smile said...

The girl with the flower in her hair looks so beautiful! :)

Macchiatto said...

FUN!!! :)
Wow this is REALLY making me hungry.