I've enjoyed them from friends. I used to help bake them at the Krust and Krumb Bakery in New Hamburg. The smell of them baking is intoxicating - cinnamon buns! It was my chance to finally take on the challenge of this sugar and spice baked treat on my own! Thanks to a tried tested and true recipe from my sister-in-law, Sara, and Taiwan ingredient finding tips from Marcia I was set. My mission was to send Daniel's taste buds on a journey home – so I dug into the dough on July 4th for my hubby's taste of America. It was also the beginning of Daniel's birthday week, so I had double dough motivation. It was also actually the first time I've ever baked with yeast. I learned that it is a journey of patience as you wait for the yeast to bubble, then for the dough to rise and then rise again. It was actually a rather spiritual experience at moments. Rolling out the dough and adding the cinnamon and sugar mixture.

The rolled buns rising before baking.
Our little rooftop apartment soaked in the smells and the sweetness. The dear buns were baked and passed the hubby test with flying colours. We both sank into our love seat and enjoyed each morsel of goodness. Daniel opted for seconds right away. I liked my friend Shannon's comment of, “You're baking a lot of buns these days” :) Our little Bastke bun in the oven also seemed to enjoy the cinnamon. Or so mama is saying!The final product.
4 comments:
Hey I was quoted! :D I can't wait to meet your other little bun! ;)
You are making me SO hungry!!
Those look awesome! Way to go!
I was able to eat from another batch later on and can second Daniel that they were delicious!
Post a Comment