Thursday, July 14, 2011

Floating

Floating has always been one of my favourite things to do. As a kid I would float in lakes and pools for great lengths of time, and felt like I could float forever ;)  I fondly remember floating on the water as the sun shone on my face, and I was dreaming and it was so wonderfully relaxing! Ah, to float! When I heard about Dream Water, all those memories came back, and I knew I needed to book an appointment.


Daniel points to the "spacey" salt water pod :)
Dream Water simulates the Dead Sea or a salt pool that you can't help but float in. You enter "the pod" and simply float for an hour - and like their motto says, "Life is better after a float!" Well, life surely is good, and floating made it even better. :) The healing and health benefits of Epson salt are pretty amazing. I first went about 1.5 months after giving birth to Jeremiah, and it sure did help with the lower back pain I was continuing to have. I've been back for two more floats and look forward to my next one! Check out more info here!
DATE NIGHT!
Last night Daniel and I had a date night, and Daniel suggested that we float! It was Daniel's first float and my third. We each had our own room and our own pod, but it was still fun to know we were floating together. 


Each float has been a little different for me; especially in reaching that level of relaxation. I find the pod to be rather womb like, and a great place of prayer. We are the salt upon the earth!
 Floating is truly is a "saltilizing" experience! I highly recommend it!

We sure did think of our little man on our first date night, but we knew he was in good hands thanks to Naomi and Joanna!

2 comments:

Wilson Clan said...

Oh wow!! This is very interesting!! :)

Marcia said...

I've never been able to float. Many people have tried to teach me, but my legs just sink every time. Dense bones or something. I wonder, though, if I could float in a place like that! I would love that! So glad you're having these fun adventures! (And that Daniel is willing to do them too!)