My hiking trail often brings unique greetings and
conversations from fellow hikers. I seemed to have a special spring in my steps on the long journey up the stairs this morning. Then I felt the presence
of another hiker on my heels and used that to stay motivated as I kept
climbing. I kept ahead of him the first half of the journey, but then thought
it was time to let him pass. I stepped aside and he gave me
a friendly smile, and said, “You have a lot of energy! You are doing a great
job!” I smiled in response and took that as sweet encouragement. Then he
continued with, “I can see that you really want to lose weight. And you need to
lose weight.” I just smiled and nodded. I felt that “how dare he say that”
feeling welling up inside me, but then just decided to laugh and use it as fuel to
keep going! Aiyo! Later on the trail I met one of my old and faithful students named
Tom. He stopped me and we had the little English tutorial we often have when we
meet. Today’s question was, “What is the difference between ‘park in the
driveway’ and ‘drive on the parkway’?” Fun to explain that with the sunshine, a
cool breeze blowing and the canopy of trees rustling around us! I love how
little classrooms emerge from so many different settings. My hike continued with
nods and greetings about. It must have been ‘hike barefoot’ day on the trail
today. I saw about six hikers without shoes. I guess I didn’t get the memo.
Even if I did, that wouldn’t have swayed me from wearing my new electric blue
metallic hue Brooks runners. And so I share a few hiking glimpses in this post :)
1 comment:
Shocking the things people say when they don't use their filters. Kudos to you for not letting it spoil your sunny day. :)
Melissa
Post a Comment