Friday, November 18, 2011

Blast From the Past

I have many vivid memories of my childhood, and one is very clearly depicted in this picture. I did not like soup! I remember the dread, horror, shock and disbelief that came into my heart when I would see soup on the kitchen table for a meal. I also remember that I had to eat what was served, and the battle in my heart to obey my parents, but the huge task of consuming soup that defeated me. I remember having to sit at the kitchen table until I ate some of it . . . as you can see from the picture . . . my firm stance against soup became my slumber.

Seeing this photo again also jolted the memory of our old kitchen wallpaper at home. I loved that wallpaper as a kid. :) 

Today soup is one of my favourite meals! In Taiwan, the soups are . . . well . . . SOUPER! :) Beef noodle soup, hot and sour soup, sesame oil chicken soup, vegetable soup, tofu soup, dumpling soup, fish soup, pumpkin soup, ginger soup . . . 

I also so enjoy making my own soups . . . chicken noodle soup, lentil soup, barley soup, and more!

I wonder if Jeremiah will like soup . . . :)

No comments: