Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Kung Fu Panda


Everybody was . . . Kung Fu Panda! I went to see this movie on the weekend, and it was to quote a favourite word of Kung Fu Panda himself - “awesomeness.”
Daniel laughed at me when I told him that I wanted to see the movie because of the “scenery”. Actually, it was true. I so love such scenes of Mainland China drawn to life. What I saw in the trailer reminded me of one of my favourite places in Southwestern China – the small mountain village and backpackers paradise of Yangshou. In my two years in Mainland China I visited this area four times! After the movie Daniel asked me about the scenery and I responded with “it was incredibly picturesque”. It was such a treat to see this (treasured in my heart) part of God's creation in animation.
There were also some other fun tidbits to watching this movie. The turtle's name is “Ooo Goo”. That's the Chinese name for turtle. The Kung Fu master is named “Master Shir Fu”. Shir Fu is the Chinese word for master. So his name was Master Master. Cracking myself in half here as I type. It was also very special to hear the giggles of kid's in the theater. So fun to see a kid at heart movie. And so nice to watch a movie with no scenes that I had to hide my eyes from. We also had a rather interesting “world view” chat after the movie.

Highly recommended.
Hai Ya!

3 comments:

Macchiatto said...

I totally need to see this! :)

Anonymous said...

Hahah, Master master. When I watched the show with Laura I got my education on that too.

Marcia said...

Well, I guess I'd better see it then, too!