| Wax apples or bell fruit, are one of my favourite fruits! I discovered them in Taiwan when I first arrived. They are wonderfully juicy, sweet and refreshing. It's the season right now and they are at every fruit stand. Some are very expensive, but I buy them from the cheapest bin, and always find a few gems in my bag full. They can be hit or miss for sweetness, but are all nice and juicy. I always thought they were only red, so I was surprised to find a white bell this week! I actually found it at the same fruit stand I found purple peppers for the first time! The white bell fruit was expensive, but worth it for the experience. The vendor (a dear lady) told me that the white ones used to be very common. She said she grew up eating the white ones. |
No comments:
Post a Comment