Chicken Soup
My mom makes the best homemade chicken soup and it's something that I myself have been trying to perfect. I love making chicken soup from scratch and the reward of a bowl of that goodness. Everyone in our family loves it, too. Jeremiah always says, "My favourite!" whenever I serve it.
While at home over Christmas, my mom taught be one big step in her soup making that I've been missing - straining the broth. What a difference it's made. I make my soup with lots of ginger, and I added lots of ginger today as both kids are getting over colds. After taking the chicken out of the big pot, I strained the broth. The clarity and flavour could be seen already in the beautiful picture in the bowl after the filtering process.
I though of what a blessing it is to strain or filter things in life as that also brings clarity and more flavour. My 30s have been a decade of filtering and I'm thankful for the clarity that brings to each day. Thought of that while looking at that broth today!
The soup was enjoyed! May I continue to filter the broth of life! Lord, continue to be my filter!
No comments:
Post a Comment