Wednesday, May 14, 2008

DOG DAYS

Daniel and I were part of the “Tucker Casey Out” team before she went to America. Casey Fry, dear dog to the Frys, joined her family as they journeyed back to the States yesterday. Casey is a loyal one. She always had an eye on us even as she raced up the mountain before us. She's a Taiwan mountain dog now in the mountains of Montana. We had a sweet farewell to the Frys yesterday. Always sad to say goodbye, especially to a Fry.

Some moments from on the trail:

The sunset from a lookout. God's handiwork in action. It never ceases to amaze.

Typing of dogs, earlier this week Rachel and I literally met a pack of Shepherds, German Shepherds that is. We were on our cemetery trail hike when one appeared before us on the trail. We stopped and waited patiently on our next move. The cemetery has a bad reputation for dogs in the area. Then another equally as regal Shepherd came. Followed by another and yet another. Four very big dogs stood before us. Thankfully they all passed us as in a royal procession. This was a very rare dog site in Taiwan.

2 comments:

Macchiatto said...

Aww, that must have been so hard to say goodbye to the Frys, but looks like a fun time of tuckering Casey out! :) And I love the pics. And the Shepherd story!

Anonymous said...

I just can't resist a comment about Casey. Three or four years ago,Campbell and I took turns dog sitting a younger--and very energetic--Casey. Vance and Marci were visiting in the States.

We didn't do much SITTING with Casey. Mostly it was important to take her on the morning and afternoon walks. I guess I did stay overnight a couple of times to give her more company. So, thanks for sharing the pictures of this still frisky, capering canine.

That sunset photo at the end of this blog is outstanding for beauty.

Love, "Dad" wayne