Sunday, May 11, 2008

Spiritual Emphasis Retreat

We went to the seaside with our company for three days! It was a retreat of refreshment, rest, receiving, relaxing and relishing. God is so good!

Dutch Blitz
The first day we arrived was a rainy one. We ventured out with our umbrellas for a bit, and them had a Dutch Blitz challenge inside. It was Naomi, Linda and I, and then the Magic Man – Larry came. We had to warn him not to pull any of this magic business. We women take Dutch Blitz very seriously. The game was going, the colours were flying, the crowds were forming, and we were blitzing. Naomi had the best game ever! She had a 28 point hand. It was a game for the history books. And we played with a magic man.



Pig on the Beach
On our second free time afternoon I joined the pilates class. It's amazing how many dear sisters and brothers were willing to try this form of exercise. I was impressed by their efforts. And I must give my blog shout out to Pilate's. I am hooked! After class I went to the beach. Some were playing beach volleyball, including Daniel, who told me to look for the pig. I walked further down the beach and there was the pig. Not a small pig. But a big pig enjoying a day at the beach :) Naomi and I did our annual ocean plunge singing “Lord you are good and your mercies endureth forever”. There is nothing like playing in the ocean. And this time the ocean had a sting. I got stung! A little jelly fish got me. Thankfully, it wasn't bad. It just felt like the pins and needles of when your leg wakes up from being asleep. By the end of the night I didn't feel anything anymore. But it as interesting to see the red bumps all over my leg. I wasn't the only one stung that day. We can form a little “ORTV – We got stung!” group.

Five Year Award
“I'd like the thank the Academy . . .I mean ORTV for this award. It's with great joy that I receive it together with a high five in my heart. I thank the Lord for all He has shown me in these past five years – the wonderment, the joys, the challenges, the stretching, the lessons, the gifts, the blessings, the dreams coming true and much more . . . " :) OK, I didn't say a speech, but I did receive my five year award from ORTV. What a moment it was. Had a little giddy moment about it. High Five!



Campbell and I have been working together on the same team for all five years! Let's Talk in English!



Morning on the Beach
This is truly one of the most wonderful ways to greet the morning! Walking in the sand with the ocean waves tickling your feet. I so enjoyed my morning beach journey! I walked the entire beach outside our hotel. As I came to an end I noticed a pack of dogs lounging at the end. As soon as I came closer the pack perked up and took there, “You are not going any further their Missy” stance. So, I indeed did stop. They started to step toward me when I shouted “stop”. I was about to fire the same word in Chinese to them (just in case). But it wasn't necessary. I enjoyed the rest of my walk. Examining blow fish on the beach, and wondering if throwing them back into the ocean was a good idea and more. Sweet times in wonder on the beach.





Daniel is the official purple peppers photographer. :)




I think this is a really cool picture. What does it say to you?

3 comments:

Linda said...

"Colorful Hurtles in Harmony"

And I love the picture of you and Doris with Campbell's priceless expression in the background. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the pig on the beach. Do you want a pig as a pet? They are good with the garbage I hear.

Dan Robinson said...

Ahhh, beach fun! (Green Bay?) I just can't get enough of being at the sea...
ummm, kind of reminds me of a rainbow...

good to see you on Sunday!!! xx Nicky